Bonjour to all the artsy types out there! We here at Fisher Hassenfeld Is Awesome are looking for an Arts Ambassador volunteer for the 2010-2011 year. Could you be that special someone? This is an excellent resume builder – doesn’t “Arts Ambassador” just sound so profesh? Plus, you’ll get to rub elbows and exchange ideas with other creative types on campus! While unpaid, there will be a small pool of funds available for programming, so you could really make some cool stuff happen! More details below.
~ Penn Arts Ambassadors is a program of University Life Arts Initiatives. Volunteer Arts Ambassadors will be recruited from all over campus, including the Music Dept., Theatre Arts Program, Cinema Studies, Undergraduate Fine Arts and Kelly Writers House.
~ Arts Ambassadors are expected to be committed to continuing to build an awareness, appreciation for and participation in the arts and culture community at Penn and Philadelphia. They will have the following expectations:
- Arrange a significant art program for your constituents.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the Arts & Culture Fair on Locust Walk, Arts and Culture at Homecoming, the Campus Arts Crawl and other campus focused arts programs.
- Serve as a liaison for disseminating arts and culture program information (weekly emails) to your organizations constituents.
- Attend two to three meetings annually to discuss program ideas, successes and challenges and changes to the program.
- Some Arts Ambassadors may be asked to serve on a variety of ad hoc university committees.
- Arts Ambassadors will be able to apply for program funding from University Life Arts Initiatives.
If you are interested in this excellent volunteer opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, tout de suite!